If you are planning to start a new business, you need to pay attention on office set up and location. Office plays an important role in the business. As a result, today more and more companies have become conscious of their office location and maintenance. Here is a list of easy steps on how you can set up your office. Take a look.
1. You need to decide upon the office location. The best way to do this is to look for real estate agents. They will help you find the best commercial property for your office. You can also consult with the property management companies about your offices. They can give you information about the buildings ready for rent or sell.
Note: if you are starting a new business, it is advisable that you rent the place instead of buying it.
2. Inspect the properties. It is important that you choose a property that has enough space for your operations. If you plan to call clients to your office, it is necessary that the office should be in a well-maintained building. Remember your office will play a big role in creating the right impression to the visitors.
Make sure that you look for features like:
- Power outlets
3. The location of the business plays an important role. Before you finalize the location, make sure that the building rent is within your budget. In case you do not have a high budget, you can look for small places to rent. Do not get disheartened if you cannot afford a large space. Remember, once your business expands, you always have the option of moving to bigger space.
You need to choose place depending on the number of employees you have. Consider features like:
- Large room for paperwork
- Small portion for receptionist
- Large space for all bays
4. Once you decide upon the location, you need to finalise upon the internet access and other utilities. In case you have multiple computers, you will need a network server. This will enable you to share information among all the employees.
5. Office furniture is an important aspect you need to take care of. In case you are on a limited budget, you can always opt for used furniture. You will get used office furniture in many stores. It is advisable that you buy more than one phone line connection for every desk.
In case you have sales professionals in your office, you can arrange for one computer for them to share. Otherwise, make sure that you buy computers for all the employees.
6. Arrange for the office supplies and equipments. Remember that office supplies are an important part of your operations. Without them, it will be difficult for you to carry out your official tasks. Many companies particularly deal with office supply items. You can also go for the online stores that offer business equipments.
Some common office supply items you can include are:
- Note pads
About Author: This is a guest post written by Nicola Jackson from cal-imaging Visit www.cal-imaging.ca for more info.